DIOCESE OF WAIAPU
DO HEREBY ADMIT YOU TO THE OFFICE OF LAY READER whereby you are authorised to perform the duties specified in the Regulations of theat Office, and DO AUTHORISE YOU:
- to read such services as are from time to time approved,
- to administer the chalice and paten at Holy Communion,
- to distribute the Rseerved Sacrament if so requested by your pastor,
- to preach if so required by your pastor,
- to share in the ministry team,
- to conduct funeral services,
- in the absence of a priest, and in the event of an emergency, to baptise, and to perform such other duties as shall from time to time be requested,
Provided always that you do not use the Absolution or the Blessing; and that you do not use the Great Thanksgiving or Prayer of Consecration of a Eucharistic Liturgy.
In witness whereof we have affixed our Episcopal Seal, this 11th day of March in the year of our Lord, one thousand nine hundred and ninety-seven, and in the seventh year of our Consecration.
Registered in the Diocesan Register Vol. 1997 Fol. Lay R, No. 9
This licence unless renewed by our Endorsement will expire on 31.12.97. On the 31st day of December in every third year, (commencing 1997), this Licence must be returned to the Bishop for renewal.